Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sometimes the best nights are the ones not planned....

So before I start this blog, I think it is important to state that FRINGE is by far and away the best show on tv. The most recent 3 episodes could quite possible be the best written sci-fi since the best episodes of Lost.'

I fully believe that life is what you make of it. But, I also believe that no matter how hard you plan and try to make life better, things will jump up and bite you and ruin your plans. It's how we deal with these (in my case, seemingly never ending) occurrences that defines whether our lives are good or bad, happy or sad, frustrated or rad. Yeah, I used rad in this blog. That's awesome, right? If I can get a "bitchin'" in here, I've done all I can do.

In my obsessive-compulsive view of the world, I want things to work out exactly how I plan them. As much as I love a free flow day where I can do what I want, when I want; I feel that if I take the time to plan out my day, then my day should be what I request of it. But, that rarely happens. Valentine's Day was one of those days where everything went according to plan. That was perfect.

Saturday night was not what I had planned, and that too, was perfect. I had planned on going to a party with a couple of friends, but one friend forgot all about it. In North Carolina I would have been upset, but here in New York, it happens. No matter how much we try to remember everything, it is impossible. Me and my other friend meet up, and decide instead of the party, we will just go to a diner and hang out. The diner was an excellent choice. The food was typical diner fair. It wasn't the best diner, it wasn't the worst, it was typical.

However, our conversation was anything but typical. It was great. I love having time to get to know someone when I think the person is worth getting to know. In this case, I most definitely do.

I planned on writing something funny today, but I have absolutely NOTHING funny to write about. Well this is kinda humorous, but not really. It makes me laugh. My friend today was saying that when we hang out on Friday, she will wear her pants sagging with boxers hanging out since we are going to "post up" at a bar. So I said, "Damn, guess I should have called dibs on that look, now I'll have to wear mine sagging with a thong". Which this isn't funny, but it is Bitchin'. BOOM! I used it! I deserve a prize.

Hopefully my next blog is much better than this one. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment