Thursday, March 29, 2012

These BS LINKS Blogg, Vol 7

If you read to the end, I have something special for you (if you are into the Hunger Games). I realize after typing that, some of you may skip the entire blog and go straight to the end to see the Hunger Games map. I'm ok with that. Enjoy!

This guy is awesome
"This guy" is Kevin Cunningham. He is the one that got the ball rolling on the "Prosecute Trayvon's Murderer" cause. Did anyone else expect it to be a ginger? This guy gets a lot of respect from me.

Apple's "The Next iPad" is not so hot. First we have this:
Processor not much faster
and then we have this:
People really can't tell a difference in the screen.
I'm not saying it is not a good product, but instead of calling it "The Next iPad" maybe they should call it "The Slightly Improved iPad". I used to be an apple fanboy. And, I still think of them as one of America's greatest success stories. But, I can't help but wonder how long they can sustain momentum when they release products that are only marginally better than the previous years when other companies are outpacing them. Apple tries to slow other companies innovations by suing first in the patent wars. My current phone (The HTC EVO 3D) came out 4 months before the iPhone4s and does a lot more. Yet, the iPhone 4s has sold MANY millions more. I think if people actually had someone to sit down and show them how much more Android can do, they would still chose the iPhone because of brand cache.

Here we have a woman singing the National Anthems before a Hockey game. She sings both country's since the game is between a Canadian team, and one from the United States. I believe she is a judge on Canada's Got Talent. In America, the saying is, "Those who can, do; those who can't teach". I believe in Canada it is "Those that can, do; those that can't, judge reality contest".
Two National Anthems, both bad.

Jesus had a great sense of humor
If you have read my book, you know that I believe this. If you have not read my book, then what is wrong with you?

You've had your fun, now it is time to leaf... I mean leave
Oh this girl. I would say she was barking up the wrong tree, but that put would make you leaf my page. My favorite part is at the end when her friend cock blocks the tree. I hope the girl didn't get a splinter.

Oh photoshop. Demi....
I have a friend, (and I know, surprising!) and I won't mention her name, but her Facebook Photos are PHOTOSHOPPED! Yes, vanity I call thy name. And if I ever decide I do not like this person with a lot of gusto, I will blog the before and after of her facebook photos. hahaha Nah, I wouldn't do that. But I feel Photo Shop is the scourge to true beauty.

People will sue over ANYTHING!
This would not happen in North Carolina. We have a "frivolous lawsuit law". I hope this old woman loses, and loses big. Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that her entire life it was a glass ceiling that held her down, but in the end, it was a glass wall that took her out? Don't get me wrong, I feel bad that she is 84 years old and did not realize there was a glass wall, but suing is stupid.

Cops ticketing Drivers on the phone.
Brilliant!

This is me at the gym like errr day
This should make you giggle. I had seen almost all of these before, but it was nice to see them all in one clip.

Soccer Chick Gone Wild! (clothes on fist flying)
I feel like any comment I make will come across racist. I played soccer for 12 seasons, and coached for one. I have seen a lot of crazy stuff, but nothing like this. And although that play was not clean, I have seen a lot worse trips and tackles. What frustrates me about this is that it was the black girl that went crazy, and started throwing fists. I believe all people are equal, and no matter what your race, you should be judged by who you are and not the color of your skin. However, when you live in South Carolina, and you are black, and you go ape shit on someone (no matter what the color of the other person is), it will give others a reason to be racists. Not everyone has moved past the race barrier. When you are a representative of a minority, it is your responsibility to uphold yourself to a higher standard. You should want to extol all of the positives of your race, and limit the negatives. I know that this could just as easily been a white girl hitting another white girl, but do the other fine people of South Carolina know that? As a Southerner living in New York, I find myself often fighting the stereotypes that Southerners are stupid, we talk slow, and that we are all Bible thumpers. I try to always show the positives of being from the South and limit the negatives. That is the only way I can change people's perceptions of what it is like to be a Southern person. If everyone: black, white, asian, latino, or any other race realized that in order to denigrate a stereotype, it needs to be eliminated, racism would slowly die.

SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOU!
HUNGER GAMES MAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment